This article is part of the project "Volyn'59", which tells about the photo-fixation of the historical and architecture objects located in the Volyn region in the late 50s - early 60s. After the expedition, some of the monuments were demolished, and some received state protection. We invite you to view other articles in this project.
The Church of the Nativity of the Holy Virgin in the village of Rokytnytsia was built in 1789. Typically like the majority of the churches in Volyn, it was built as a Greek Catholic church. After the Third Polish Republic was formed, the Greek Catholic Church was persecuted by the Russian authorities in Volynia and was virtually abolished. The temples were handed over to the Orthodox Church.
At the end of the XIX century the temple did not miss the wave of bell towers construction in the so-called synodal style of the russian church. Nevertheless, today the appearance of the shrine is almost the same as in the photo from the expedition.
We advise fans of Volyn Uniate Sacral architecture to visit this church.