top of page
  • Writer's pictureVolynia

Wolyn'59: Buzhkovychi

This article is part of the project "Volyn'59", which tells about the photo-fixation of the historical and architecture objects located in the Volyn region in the late 50s - early 60s. After the expedition, some of the monuments were demolished, and some received state protection. We invite you to view other articles in this project.



The Church of the Holy Virgin in the village of Buzhkovychi was built in 1776 as a Greek Catholic church. After the Third Polish Republic was formed, the Greek Catholic Church was persecuted by the Russian authorities in Volynia and was virtually abolished.



It is known that there was an attic in the temple. Unfortunately, it was dismantled at the end of the 19th century. Today, the church has survived without noticeable changes. It is also worth noting that the bell tower is located on the territory, and not attached to the church. This combination is typical for Eastern Christianity in Volyn.



29 views0 comments

Related Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page